Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Racing against an invisible clock... tick tock... did you hear that?

...went for blood tests today...  High LDH (Lactic Acid leaving the muscle cells related to Cancer or Hearta Attack) and TGO (AST; a certain type of Amino Acid circulating in the bloodstream due to muscle damage).

Today my BP has remained stable and low 106/66.  Normal for me when I'm not running 6 miles or more per day is more or less around 132-88.  Since last night I have a dull headache and today I have a familiar pain on my lower left side of my back behind the stomach or where the kidney is...  3.5 years ago the gastroenterologist who didn't want to do the upper endoscopy or an ultrasound, although I require them due to my FAP/Gardners and although I was experiencing abdominal pains said that the pain there could be hypertension of the Kidney.  But, the cardiologist to whom he refered me said that hypertension of the Kidney doesn't exist and said it was a muscle pull and prescribed me the pain releaver banned in the U.S. due to high risk of causing heart attacks...  


I bought Aspirin "Protect" for thinning blood little by little... and will return to using fresh turmeric...


...wracking our brains thinking what could be the cause... aside from what I wrote yesterday about long-term accumulated damage due to my decades long lack of respect for my health and discontrol of my diet extremely high in refined carbs...


Causes of what I believe I'm experiencing (Miacardial Infarction) are: Alcohol Abuse, Cigarrete Smoking, Obesity, lack of exercise and heavy stress.  I've never been a "drinker" and the last time I had an alcoholic beverage was a year ago in Sayulita.  We thought about going for a Margarita or a Mojito in Sayulita.  But, in the end (the last night) I said to Margarita "better yet, we stay 'home' and I can prepare a doble Margarita for myself"... And yes, it was a better choice for spending the last night on vacation, in bed with my wife...  I haven't smoked a cigarrette since June 2003 in Xalapa, Veracruz and I was a sporadic smoker.  I'm not obese and, as you read yesterday, I'm not seditary...  But, José destroyed the pick-up we use for transporting our coffee bar and we elected against throwing away $30,000 USD in a new cargo van...  We haven't truly relaxed since the accident on January 10th, and the concerns and calculations about buying a cargo van or seeing if we can rent a truck or find a reliable transportation service falls on my shoulders...  It's a problem.


Racing against an invisible clock...


And I was wondering... I had wondered about my increased consumption of green leafy vegetables high in Vitamin K and the risks posed for those with hypertension, since Vitamin K is necessary for increased clotting...  Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Bok Choy and Romain Lettuce all of which we've greatly increased in our diet since discovering Kale in the Farmers Market in November...  We brought a lot of Spinach, Romaine Lettuce and some Bok Choy to Sayulita, meaning that my diet was especially high in Vitamin K this past week...  But, while wondering, I said to myself, "Most people obtain their Vitamin K from beneficial bacteria in their large intestine... I don't have a large intestine and must have a shortage in Vitamin K...so why not eat these wonderful foods?"  However, now thinking about increased clotting: maybe it was my lack of vitamin K that protected me from that imminent heart attack of which the Cuban Doctor warned me in 2004 in Xalapa... He said I would have a massive one in maximally 3 years... 11 years later...  And, yes, I've felt discomforts in my chest over the past year...  But considering that all of my numbers were normal, I imagined it was my imagination...


Until yesterday...  


Coffee didn't raise my BP.  In fact, Chris Kresser mentioned in his recent article/Podcast, that coffee does not negatively affect the heart.  Infact, he says that it positively affects the heart... depending on the genotype of the person... their sensitivity to caffeine...  


Needless to say, I'm a bit concerned considering that we are approaching the most stressful work of the year; on top of that the accident/transportation issue...


And, no, I won't be visiting a cardiologist... so that he can prescribe medications that don't work at their best and at their worse cause additional chronic issues or at their worst, kill you...  


"and in the end...the love you make is equal to the love you take..."  


We had an incredibly nice time in Sayulita Margarita and I...  


"... sleep pretty darling, do not cry, for I will sing you a lulaby..."

No comments: