Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Stream of consciousness briefly revisited...

The stream of conscious drawings of 2010... can you believe so much time has passed... so quickly... I stopped drawing for painting, since a professional artist mentioned back then that the galleries were not interested in drawings... and didn't pay their value... so, I've been trying to paint as I drew... stream of consciousness painting... and I find a distinct distance between the myself and the piece... unlike my profound connection within the drawings, that enabled me to create art such as this... And I continue painting... conscious that I have the pencils... how we spend life trying to fool ourselves...

No comments: