Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Letter from Jess of "the Patient Celiac"

http://www.thepatientceliac.com/:

Hi Ross,

It is really nice to hear from you and that your business has been successful.
And that you and Margarita are feeling so much better with all of your lifestyle changes.

About 9 out of 10 people to whom I suggest the Gluten Free diet look at me like I am crazy. I constantly encounter people with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), other autoimmune symptoms, arthritis, unexplained anema, fatigue and headaches, etc. who have no motivation for changing their diet or lifestyles.

You are fortunate that you did and have become a great example of the power of lifestyle changes.

As an MD I consider it my duty to continue recommending that people get screened for celiac disease before going GF, but I can understand your point of view as well (I-Ross--don't believe it necessary being screened before removing wheat products; a lot of money, hassle, etc). Also, the information on the sugar content of the coffee drinks is both eye opening and horrifying. Wow! It makes me happy that I am unable to drink Frappacinos at all.

I wish you and your wife continued health and peace.

Jess

No comments: