Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Friday, June 3, 2011

What does it mean to be a Dead Man Walking?

I committed Suicide.  I threw myself into an abyss.  I stood at the edge of a precipice, me facing Laredo, Texas, my back to Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.  I stretched my arms out from my sides, raised my palms to the sky, closed my eyes, felt the humid updraft on my skin... upon a cool dry breeze brushing my ears, I heard a whisper of familiar voices I had left behind in New York City two days earlier...  I heard Michael, I heard Jonathan...  They said, Don't worry Ross... Don't be afraid of the darkness...  The light will appear with all your needs, but when you finally arrive at your destination...  And I fell backwards into the darkness.  

This was January 29th, 2003.  Today is June 3rd, 2011.  I'm a dead man walking in Mexico 8 years and 5 months...  You may say, "but how can that be possible? 

Well let me show you...

No comments: