Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A beautiful life.. The Ross Story...

I remember when I was born.  I stuck my head out and breathed deep the fresh hospital air.  The doctor smacked me on my behind, surprising me a bit.  But he immediately placed me in the arms of my mother; the most beautiful woman in the world.  My father is a respected eye doctor.  He loves my mother, me and my sisters.  Growing up he played catch with me when he came home from his office on Saturdays and took us to Colonial Park, the Jersey Shore, to movies, 1st base line box seats at Yankees games, season tickets on the 50 yard line at Giants Games on Sundays.  One day some bigger kids were picking on me.  I told my dad and he visited with their parents.  They never bothered me again.  I was in the Gifted and Talented Program and began studying Spanish in middle school and in the Honors Society in high school.  I graduated in the top 10 of my class and went to Amherst College, where I studied International Policy, played Lacross and Baseball.  Now I'm the director of UNICEF in Mexico and I married the daughter of the former governor of Veracruz, Miguel Aleman de Velasco; the son of  once President of Mexico Miguel Aleman Valdez and husband to former French model and Miss Universe Christiane (Martel) Magnani...  I am grateful to my parents and my sisters for all the love and support they gave me and to my grade school peers for all the great times we shared together.  I hope to see you guys the next time I fly into New Jersey...  


I wish I had more to say.  But, I don't want to bore you with details...  What I left out in my memoirs, we can discuss over martinis, cognacs and gin n tonics...  

3 comments:

Kim Chigi said...

I love your Blog! Keep going!

Kim Chigi said...

I'm following you now, can you follow my blog?
kimchigi.blogspot.com
Gracias my friend...
K-

Kim Chigi said...

Hey Ross,
Thanks for taking the time to check out my Blog.
I have read your other pieces that you had on your Blog a few weeks ago. There was one in particular that I found quite interesting/gripping. The writing about your father. I found it rather compelling and wanted to read more once I started.
One of the cool things about having a Blog/online journal is that it's a fantastic way to convey who (you) are as a person/individual to those you know and to complete strangers. What I have found fascinating is that those who "think they knew you" as one person see another side. Sometimes they come to the realization that perhaps they didn't know you as well as they once thought. Next we have the complete stranger who is very drawn into what you are doing...your real insides. I say, let it all hang out and see what happens...it's all about evolving!
K-