Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Not Everyone Accepts Being Miserable...

What if you were born Barischnokov?

What if I were born Barischnokov... In the Soviet Union? Or in Central Jersey?

I don't think the where matters.

I guess I would paint the world red...

But, you said "you didn't like red..."

No, I don't like red.  But I'm not Barischnokov. If I were Barischnokov I would paint the world red.  I would put on my ballet slippers, grab a long brush, dip it into the paint... No, I wouldn't put on ballet slippers.  I would put on comfortable shoes... and turn my baseball cap backwards. I would slip in a CD of Brooklyn Funk Essentials and show you how to dance and paint at the same time...  Just put canvas on the floors and the walls.  Watch the feet move, the arms waving in the air like the arms of an octopus, watch me spin...

No comments: