Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Friday, November 7, 2014

And in the end...

It could be the end of the Beatles song on Abbey Road... but that wasn't my intention...  it has nothing to do with love or "the love you made..."  

In the end we are freed... of suffering... of misunderstandings... of what someone did or someone didn't... of misinterpretations...

In the end, nothing really mattered because it has ended.  The relationship has ended.  There is nothing to say because there is no voice.  There is nothing to interpret, because there is no mind.  There is nothing to hear on the other side because there is no ear for receiving the message. 

Maybe we start over.  

I started over in Mexico.  And that's how I like it.  It's been good for me.  Nothing in the past was good.  I couldn't change it or change them, so like I said in the previous pieces of Wednesday "Dust to Dust, Ashes to Ashes? Death as Tragedy and Sentimentalism" and Thursday "Another Person Died..." , "maybe the only way to break a cycle is by removing yourself from that cycle."  And that's what I did with moving to Mexico.  And it's been good for me.  

Repeating histories isn't good for me.  Where does it bring us? But, you've gotta understand that we only have a past between you and I.  There is no present and there is no future. 

And the past is something that harmed me greatly; it stunted my growth...  So, if you are only past then it's time to relegate you to Alzheimer's memories...  And when someone else dies... or when you die, you have been freed from this psychological issue of yours. 

I moved to Mexico.  The intention was for freeing myself.  

You have no idea how much easier it is for me when I am not thinking about my so-called immediate family, when there is absolutely no sense of connection with them.  For me, the connection was horribly negative and full of too much risk.  

So, let's leave it at that.

Remember, I studied history in college.  And the greatest lesson I learned about history is that it only exists if the "powers that be" wish for others to know about it.  History isn't a fact, although what is said may be a truth or full of truths.  It can also be highly manipulated.  If the data creates inconveniences for a family or an organization or a community or a government, the data is burned or shredded.  It's your word against theirs...  But, there isn't history.  Or their history is fictitious... And the children grow up learning lies.  But that's what their parents or their school systems or their governments wish for them... What can I say?  

Nothing... if it is offensive... if it is inconvenient... no matter how true it may be... and then it is just my word against yours, which is a very tiresome game and not really worth the lack of return... 

You must know I don't believe in activism... not because it is wrong... but because "the powers that be" only allow the movements if they have decided somehow, someway in the future they can use it for their best interests.  

It is rare that a person truly worries about the best interests of "the other"... that a person believes in justice for the other... If it doesn't bring them some form of personal benefit, such as increased income or prestige...  

No, most humans will return to their own best interests and leave the suffering of the other person to their fate or as some people would say: "their dumb luck"...   

If a tree falls in the woods and you don't hear it fall, did it fall?

If a man rapes a woman and no one saw him rape her, did he truly rape her?

If a boy loses his father at a very young age and suffers horribly for that loss and all of the subsequent consequences of that loss and none of the adults believe he suffers that loss and the subsequent consequences of that loss, did he truly suffer the loss?

The answer is, only the woods knows that a tree fell and only the woman (and the rapist) knows she was raped and only the boy knows he suffered the death of his father and the subsequent consequences.  There is no tragedy in this.  Just difficult experience and we must learn to deal with the issue (the famous words of a ham sandwich without slices of bread on the two sides: COPE) and move on.  Except for the tree, I wish these things didn't happen.  But they did and they do and only the person within the experience can understand what happened.  We can't expect people to be empathetic or even considerate.  Or maybe things would have been a bit different, wouldn't they have been?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

No comments: